When a tester clicked the start button in the test run overview, he will start the test run. The first test case of the test run is shown.
The test case screen consist of the following components:
- Test Case information
On the left the tester can find the test case information given by you as the test manager during the design of the test cases:
- Preconditions (optional) can be used to verify a set of conditions that must be in place before testing.
- Instructions (required) these are the test steps your testers have to perform.
- Data (optional) is commonly used to specify any input required while running the test case for example login information or a sample record.
- Expected result (optional) can be used to specify the result that is expected with the correct functioning of the application.
- Test Results
On the right a tester can enter his test results:
- The result category is a required field and defines the outcome of the test case. You can choose between pass, neutral, failed and blocking.
- The description field can be used to explain the chosen test result category. A tester can explain what happened and give written feedback, which can be analyzed later by you, the test manager.
- The attachment field can be used to add attachments to a test result. This can be screenshots, PDF, videos or other files that explain the situation.
After the test result has been entered, the tester can proceed by clicking either the Previous or Next button. The tester will then continue to the next or previous test case.
Add an attachment
A tester can add attachments in three ways in TestMonitor:
- Drag & Drop. The tester can select files straight from his computer and just drag and drop them in the attachment area to easily upload attachments.
- Selecting the attachment area. A pop-up will appear, the tester can now find one or multiple files by using the operating system’s file directory. Just select the files and they will be automatically uploaded to TestMonitor.
- Copy & paste from the clipboard. The tester can use copy and paste hotkeys (Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v) to directly upload attachments from his computer to TestMonitor. He can also use Printscrn and then Crtl+v on Windows or cmd+shift+3 and then cmd+v on Mac.