Simply create bugs from TestMonitor issues by integrating with your Mantis Bug Tracking system.
If you are using Mantis Bug Tracking for the management of your bugs, you can integrate TestMonitor with the system to automate your workflow. TestMonitor provides you with test management features like data links and reports that make it the best place to originate issues from your testing. By integrating TestMonitor with Mantis, you’ll effortlessly send the useful information issues contain to create bugs, without having to manually copy this data.
You’ll easily be able to trace back the link between TestMonitor issues and Mantis bugs to track their progress. Every bug sent over to Mantis will have a link back to TestMonitor. The integration will also let you select if some or all TestMonitor issues will become a bug in Mantis.
Before you begin
To set up an integration, you will need an admin account for TestMonitor and a Mantis account with permissions to create bugs. You will also need to create an API key in Mantis before you can run the integration. The API key can be generated in your Mantis user profile settings.
Integrations are configured for a project in TestMonitor. Thus you will be able to determine per project whether you need an integration.
Configuring the Mantis Integration
Go to the Project Settings of the project you wish to set up an integration with.
Once you have opened the project settings page:
- Head over to the Integrations section and click the Connect button for Mantis.
- Fill the web address of your Mantis instance in the URL field (e.g. https://mantis.yourcompany.com).
- Enter your Mantis API token.
- Select the Project for which you wish to create TestMonitor issues as bugs in Mantis.
- Decide whether you want issues to be sent automatically or manually
- Automatically: Each time an issue is created in your project it will automatically be sent to your Mantis project as a bug.
- Manually: Every time you create an issue, you can decide whether it should be transferred to your Mantis project. After creation, the issue detail page will show a button allowing you to send it.
- Select Save to complete the integration. The Mantis panel refers to your Mantis instance as connected.
Some projects have a wide variety of issues and you might find that not all of them need to be handled via your external task management system. Decide which issues to transfer to Mantis by choosing a manual integration.
Using the IntegrationIf you chose for issues to be sent to Mantis automatically during setup, no extra actions are required. Once you create an issue in TestMonitor, a bug will be created in Mantis with no other work on your part. You can view them in the Mantis Bug overview.
If you chose the manual integration at setup, you will need to go to the Details page of an issue and then click the Send to Mantis button. The issue is now in the Mantis bug overview.
The following issue fields and data from TestMonitor will be sent to Mantis for each issue whether manually or automatically sent:
Any custom fields from your issues will be sent to Mantis as well.
To view the issue in Mantis, go to the Issue Details page in TestMonitor and then select Open in Mantis. When TestMonitor sends an issue to Mantis, the Mantis bug description contains a link to the issue in TestMonitor.
With an active Mantis integration you will also be able to activate the column Mantis on the issue overview page, which will show you if an issue was sent to Mantis. You can also click this link to go directly to the bug.
Disconnect the Mantis IntegrationIf the integration is no longer required or your project comes to an end you can easily disconnect the integration.
To disconnect the integration:
- Go to the Project Settings of the project you want to disconnect the integration from.
- Navigate to the Integrations section and click the Disconnect button for Mantis.
- Click Disconnect to confirm.
Previously created bugs and their links to TestMonitor will still be available in Mantis.