How to set up Okta Single Sign-on in TestMonitor.
Single Sign-on (SSO) is an authentication method that lets users log in using Okta as the trusted third party. This allows users to use one set of credentials for multiple programs. SSO can also be used to auto provision new accounts for your employees instead of manually creating or inviting them as users.
TestMonitor's Single Sign-on is based on the Open ID Connect (OIDC) protocol.
- Service Provider (SP)-Initiated Authentication (SSO). This authentication flow occurs when the user attempts to log in to the application from TestMonitor.
- Automatic account creation in TestMonitor on initial SSO (auto-provisioning).
Before You Begin
In order to proceed with configuring login with SSO through Okta, you must:
- Have access to an Okta tenant.
- Be an Okta administrator to that tenant.
Make sure that the TestMonitor user' emails exactly match their Okta accounts.
Complete the steps below to set everything up.
Install TestMonitor app in Okta
Before you can configure SSO in TestMonitor, you'll need to install the TestMonitor application in your Okta instance:
- In your Okta Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Browse App Catalog and search for "TestMonitor".
- Click the application tile and click Add Integration.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once installed, open the TestMonitor application in your applications list.
- Take note of the Client ID and Client Secret values - you'll need them at a later stage.
That's it - you're now ready to configure SSO in TestMonitor.
Configure Single Sign-on in TestMonitor
Once the TestMonitor app has been installed in your Okta instance, you can proceed with configuring TestMonitor:
- Click on the gear icon on the top to head over to the general settings.
- Under Security in the left menu, select Single Sign-on.
- Toggle the switch to Use Single Sign-on.
- Select Okta as your SSO provider.
- Provide the URL of your Okta authorization server (for example, https://myserver.okta.com).
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret you've noted down earlier while installing the TestMonitor app in your Okta instance.
- Click Save to finish your configuration and enable Single Sign-on.
When Single Sign-on is enabled, you can continue with configuring auto-provisioning.
Using Single Sign-on via Okta
To leverage Okta Single Sign-on, please follow the steps below:
- Open the login page of your TestMonitor instance using your browser (e.g., mydomain.testmonitor.com).
- Click on the Sign in with Okta button.
- You'll be redirected to the Okta website for authentication. Provide your work account credentials to proceed.
- When authentication is successful, Okta will redirect you back to TestMonitor.
- You are now signed in into TestMonitor.