Create DoneDone tasks from TestMonitor issues to support your task management.
If your team uses DoneDone for task management, you can use our integration to create DoneDone tasks out of TestMonitor issues, without losing all of the additional information available in TestMonitor. Tasks created from TestMonitor issues will contain a link back to the issue so that you can go back to TestMonitor for any additional information or updates they may need. This keeps you from having to manually copy information from issues to DoneDone tasks.
You can choose if you want all TestMonitor issues to become DoneDone tasks or just certain ones, based on the context of your project.
Before you begin
To be able to set up the integration with DoneDone you will need to have an admin account of TestMonitor and a DoneDone account.
Before you can run the integration, you need the DoneDone API key. Locate the API key in your DoneDone profile.
Integrations are configured for a project in TestMonitor. Thus you will be able to determine per project whether you need an integration.
Configuring the DoneDone Integration
Go to the Project Settings of the project you wish to set up an integration with.
- Head over to the Integrations section and click the Connect button for DoneDone.
- Fill in the web address of your DoneDone instance in the URL field (e.g. https://2.donedone.com/app/1234).
- Fill in the email address of your DoneDone account.
- Fill the Token field with your DoneDone API key.
- Select the DoneDone Project you wish to send TestMonitor issues to as tasks.
- Select the Status you want to set for DoneDone tasks created with the integration. You have the options of Open, In progress, or Not reproducible.
- Select the Priority you want to use to create a DoneDone task: Low, Medium, High, or Critical.
- Decide whether you want issues to be sent automatically or manually.
- Automatically: Each time an issue is created in your project it will automatically be sent to your DoneDone project.
- Manually: You can decide per issue whether it should be transferred to your DoneDone project. After creation, the issue detail page will show a button allowing you to send it.
- Click Connect to complete the integration. The DoneDone panel refers to your DoneDone instance as connected.
Some projects have a wide variety of issues and you might find that not all of them need to be handled via your external task management system. Decide which issues to transfer to DoneDone by choosing a manual integration.
Using the IntegrationIf you chose for issues to be sent to DoneDone automatically during setup, no extra actions are required. Once you create an issue in TestMonitor, a task will be created in DoneDone with no other work on your part.
If you chose the manual integration at setup, you will need to go to the issue detail page of each issue you want to create a task in DoneDone for. The issue detail page will show a Send to DoneDone button at the top right.
The following issue fields and data from TestMonitor will be sent to DoneDone for each issue whether manually or automatically sent:
Any custom fields from your issues will be sent to DoneDone as well.
After issues are sent to DoneDone a button Open in DoneDone will display at the top right allowing you to view the issue in DoneDone.
With an active DoneDone integration you will also be able to activate the column DoneDone on the issue overview page, which will show you if an issue was sent to DoneDone.
Disconnect the DoneDone IntegrationIf the DoneDone integration is no longer required or your project comes to an end you can easily disconnect the integration.
- Go to the Project Settings of the project you want to disconnect the integration from.
- Navigate to the Integrations section and click the Disconnect button for DoneDone.
- Click Disconnect to confirm.
Previously created tasks and their links to TestMonitor will still be available in DoneDone.